Id have Conway and George a little higher up.
What do you think?
25. Charley Pride
24. Jim Reeves
23. Ronnie Milsap
22. Webb Pierce
21. Ernest Tubb
20. Eddy Arnold
19. Ray Price
18. Lefty Frizzell
17. Dolly Parton
16. Kitty Wells
15. Buck Owens
14. Loretta Lynn
13. Tammy Wynette
12. Bob Wills
11. Conway Twitty
10. George Jones
9. Waylon Jennings
8. Willie Nelson
7. Carter Family
6. Bill Monroe
5. Jimmie Rodgers
4. Patsy Cline
3. Merle Haggard
2. Hank Williams
1. Johnny Cash
Id have Conway and George a little higher up.
I agree with Cash being #1..
George is too low, hes top 5 at least.
I probably would too, but would add Cal Smith into the mix. Would probably move Jim Reeves and Charley pride up as well. For Pride to do what he did, when he did it, as a black man, in a white music genre, is amazing.
Sorry I didn't post the link where I found this. Will try and find it.
And Ernest Tubb has to be in the top 25.
What about Carl Perkins?
I'd still think you have to have George Strait in there and what about someone like Alabama, the Statler Brothers, Porter Wagner
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
Couldn't argue against those 3. Personally, the Statler Brothers were one of my all time favorites.
Brooks & Dunn? All I can say is thank goodness Garth Brooks isn't on that list.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Bookmarks